- Stainless Steel 304 Rock hangers for outdoor use (not marine grade).
- Bore diameter: 10mm.
- Bolt must be purchased separately.
- This hanger features chamfered edges of the eye hole to minimize wear on connectors. The eye hole itself is large enough to accommodate two carabiners.
- Choose the bolt size carefully depending upon strength of base rock material. If the rock is soft or has uneven composition such as Sandstone and Limestone, then any rock anchor, including ours will not be strong enough to endure heavy loading.
- This anchor is not recommended for use in coastal areas because it may not last as long as it normally should. For areas within 100 kms of coastline we recommend the anchors must be made in marine grade Stainless Steel. Contact us if you want these to be custom made.
- Ensure that the hangar is used with SS304 bolts only.
- Each hanger is tested at a proof load of 8kN before shipping by Gipfel. You will be able to see a very small indentation on the side of the eye-hole. That is because it was tested in the lab for your safety.
The recommendation below is based on several assumptions. Do your own due diligence before installing an anchor anywhere.
M10 Bolt: Only to be used in very hard rocks such as Granite (Compressive Strength > 75MPa)
M12 Bolt: Only to be used in medium to high hardness rocks such as Sandstone (Compressive Strength > 30MPa)
- Minimum Breaking Strength of Hanger is 25kN. Although the older versions are marked with 22kN, Gipfel guarantees 25kN. Gipfel hangers are tested for breaking load often and none of them has ever failed under 38kN (the average breaking load has been 40kN) in both recommended direction of loading (radial) as well as in axial direction (Tensile).
- Cutting Strength (Radial Load) in 50MPA test concrete block: 25kN (For Both M10 & M12 Sizes)
- Pull-out strength (Axial load) in 50MPA test concrete block: 25kN (for M12 bolt) and 15kN (for M10 bolt)
Use of this gear requires prior training, please take the time out to research gear terminology, specifications and usage before evaluating if this is the right piece of equipment for your next project.
THIS EQUIPMENT IS NOT CERTIFIED FOR HIGHLINING.